Monday 10 August 2009

James Rolfe, Angry Video Game Nerd.

I thought I'd write a blog about JAMES ROLFE.


This is a guy I've been following on various parts of the internet, from his youtube, to twitter and even his website.


I first found him on youtube, a series of videos called "You know whats bullshit?" These are baiscally videos of him having a rant at the little pointless things in life, but he does it very well.


I then checked out more of his youtube videos, He's best known for his Angry Video Game Nerd series. These are him again, ranting about old 80s/90s videos games. Mainly the really bad ones. These make great viewing if your interested in retro gaming.


He has hundreds of videos on youtube, dating back to 2006, but he actually made some of them well before that. But there wasn't a youtube back then.


I'm now a keen admirer of his website and visit it daily, he has so many videos on there it always gives me a few minutes of entertainment.


He's more than just bullshit and retro games though. He has a great knowledge of movies and does some really good and informative reviews and documentaries. He is also a filmmaker and on his website he has made a documentary about how he got into filmmaking, this is a brilliant treat if your a aspiring filmmaker.


I think James Rolfe is great, he's built a massive following over the years and it's tthoroughly deserved. Since I've been watching him he has become a inspiration to me. I would really like to start making my own short documentaries about films and filmmakers I've enjoyed. I don't think I'd get all mad and angry like James Rolfe, thats his thing and I could never do it has good and funny has he does.


I hope James Rolfe carries on making little videos and starts moving into new avenues with his films. I like a lot of his behind the scenes stuff and I'm considering buying his DVDs.


I know this isn't as long has my usual ramblings, but you'd get much more enjoyment if you travelled over to his site and watch his vids. LINK!

No comments: