Thursday 20 August 2009

Let the Right One In.

Let the Right One In.


I've been deciding whether to make a video review for this film, no trailer on Itunes though, which means I'd have to make my own. Choosing the right bits could be hard.


But anyway, my initial thoughts. First Swedish film I've seen and if this is anything to go by then I'll definitely be watching more, I know you can't judge a whole nations cinema on one movie, Imagine if I judged America's of Michael Bay films. Oh Dear.


Onwards,

I don't want to spoil this for anybody that wants to see it, so if you are going to watch it don't read this and come back once you've seen it.


I enjoyed it so much because I was completely unaware of what the film was about. It is so rare these days, with the web and mass advertising to have a complete open mind when watching a film. It's like the first time you ever saw From Dusk Till Dawn, it starts out has a ace road thriller and half way through BAM! loads of vampires and shit.


Let The Right One In isn't quite as BAM! has From Dusk Till Dawn, but it is unlike any other vampire movie I have ever seen. The film concentrates more on the relationship between the boy and the girl, it's just unfortunate that she is a vampire. Its a bit like a non-cheesy, non-buffy-like, serious Twilight. Thats not the best comparison, but the main story is similar.


The look of the film is very cold, shot beautifully in snowy Sweden. Its very dark, and like many european films at the moment the story line focuses on child bullying. There is great satisfaction when the vampire girl rips apart the the bullies, this is shot in such a subtle way that if your not paying attention you may miss it, and may be confused when the scene opens up to reveal the decapitated bodies. Now that sounds morbid, but when you see it you'll know what I mean.


There are many layers to this movie and I don't want to ramble too much, but what I've cover isn't even half of it.


The film ends open, I can't decide whether I'm happy or sad for the boy, let me know your thoughts.



In other news I've uploaded a new Video Review (bottom of blog), I'm members of Blip TV and Daily Motion, please add or follow or subscribe. I'm working on a Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus V.review. There will be blogs on both Thai Kung Fu film Chocolate and comedy I Love You, Man.





SUBSCRIBE TO YOUTUBE

FOLLOW ON TWITTER

No comments: