Wednesday 2 December 2009

Colour Correcting and Adding Style.

I've still got a load of posts to catch up on!

I've been working on colour and sound for the past week and half. Whilst working on these areas and researching them I've realised how certain colours and sounds can effect the viewer. I am thinking about doing some videos explaining what I've done in these two areas, I can't get across what I've done well enough in a blog post as I could talking about it.

I'll keep this brief. The selection of shots below are from the suspense sequence. For the female character I wanted her colour palette to be bright and eye pleasing. Hopefully giving you a easy feel. I'm doing the opposite with the male, creating a tension through tone.

The location we shot in (our home) is very cold looking. Bare cream walls, the blinds being the same. We asked the actress to bring her own costume. We should have let her know not to wear something dull. The actress brought a pale blue/green night gown, which once the light hit it the gown faded in with the background.

What I have tried to achieve is a warm golden look, but pick out the shadows adding some depth.

I will go into lighting problems on the video.
The top image is my colour and underneath is the original camera shot.



























No comments: