Monday 14 December 2009

Sound. Part 1. Introduction.

At the beginning of the project we wanted to take the sound design to the next step. Try using sound to further explain the emotion of the story.


When we chose not to film the seance (horror) sequence I decided to use the time that would be spent on the editing, visual FX and sound to explore foley in more depth.


Plus, when I stepped down as Director I felt like I'd let the team down and put us in a sticky situation. I chose to pick up the role as sound designer, in hope to mend team spirit.


I original was going to out source the sound work to a friend, who worked with us on The Payoff. But for the reasons above I decided to take on the challenge. It is a area I'm very interested in, much like any area of filmmaking. As a Director I want to experience everything. I've hated it when working on corporate projects when the client have no idea what they're talking about and make it sound very simple. "Make it look more like a film." I don't want to be a Director that knows nothing. Doing these areas first hand makes me realise how hard they are and the capabilities and limitations.


Sound is a vast area and I shall split it up into parts. This being the introduction.

The other parts will consist of Dialogue, Foley, Music, Ambiance and the conclusion.


No comments: