Friday 16 October 2009

Its hard to find time to breath and shit.


Its scarily coming together.


I say "scarily" because the more dates we confirm the closer the shoot comes. Its become very clear that we have set ourselves big, big tasks. Looking over the calendar last night its hard to find time to breath and shit, I've really packed the schedule tight for pre-production. I've tried taking what the other two say on board and find time to work and practice on the certain areas we are less comfortable with.


I have been constantly re-visiting the stories after we have practice techniques. Sometimes the ideas we story-boarded work straight away, other take longer to get use to, and some just don't work. This as means we have to adjust the story-boards to fit.


To help get use to the camera we came up with some little sequences. Mark is the cinematographer so it is vital for him to know the camera blindfolded, filming anything is good practice, but putting a story behind it gave us something to aim for. Graeme and I were the actors and the three of us came up with the shots.


Being in front of the camera was brilliant practice for myself. Knowing what it feels like to be an actor, I was constantly thinking about the shot, which parts of my body were in shot, where could I move. Feeling this pressure first hand now makes me know to let the actors aware of these little details, which should ultimately make them feel more comfortable.


PLUS,


These sequences will give me something to edit and colour. I haven't edited a narrative piece since The Payoff. Over the summer I did a lot of editing, but it was all corporate work. Getting back into practice is something I am looking forward to.

No comments: