Wednesday 16 December 2009

Sound. Part 9. Looking Back

Looking back at the sound process it's probably 3 jobs, foley, on set and music. I initially planned a week to complete these task, when actually they could have done with a week each.


If I only had Sound to concentrate on in post production I reckon I could have done a far better job. However, it is also my job to colour, edit and export. I wanted it that way, I'm not blaming anyone.



On the Torture sequence I would have liked the sound to start muffling when the victim was being hit by the hammer, like the sound was under water or in another room. This would have made the viewer feel disoriented and have a connection with the victim.


The NN sequence need much more depth. The house doesn't feel lived in, a radio or TV playing in the background would have given the empty space an atmosphere and also distinguish the interior to exterior.


To me good sound is when you can close your eyes and know exactly where, who and what is on screening.



On a whole I'm happy with the result. Almost everything is hand made and that I am proud of.

No comments: