Thursday 17 December 2009

Rejection.

After we chose not to go through with the seance sequence I drew up some rough storyboards for other possible sequences. Graeme and myself reviewed them, but made the decision that if we didn't have time do the seance sequence then we didn't have time to replace either.


Looking back over the project we definitely had time to fit in a replacement shoot. I'm actually a little disappoint we didn't try filming some of the seance sequence or given the visual effects a demo.


The idea behind the seance sequence was to have a go at some visual and sound effects. We cancelled the shoot because getting the actors schedule to coincide with when the lecture theatre was available seemed a impossible task. We had thought about re-casting it with fewer actors and scaling the project down, but time was running out.


We did storyboard some of it, wrote a script, bought the wood for the set and cast it, but it wasn't to be. As I said I am disappointed with not given the visual effects a test shoot.


(the reject storyboards will be part of my hand in)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I've been looking for a blog just like yours. I really appreciate the detailed post about production!