Friday 30 October 2009

Production Meltdown!

I have a few other posts that I am working on, but I thought I'd add a quick update.

We have basically taken a week off the production. We have had a week of college, known as "reading week" where as you can guess you catch up on your reading. This year we have our biggest writing challenge, the dreaded DISSERTATION! where we need to read a whole lot of fucking books. So we scheduled to get the majority of it done this week. I can personally say I haven't done anywhere near as much as I should have. I cannot say if the other have, but I'd take a guess that they're in the same situation as me.

The dissertation is be coming a real pain in the arse. I'm not forgetting about it, it's always in the back of my mind. But, I'm not doing too much about it either. Next week is probably my last chance to start it with ease. After that it'll become very difficult, especially once mayor project and PPD start.

BACK TO THE CURRENT PROJECT>


As I said production has taken the back seat for the week. But I think we've still been doing it, plugging away. It's strange although we live in the same house I haven't seen much of either Mark or Graeme this week. Starting to think They're avoiding me or I've pissed them off. It's been a pretty bad week for everything. On the production side we had to re-schedule most of the shoots by pushing them back a week, or maybe two. Props are starting to become a problem to locate. On the upside crew still seem enthusiastic, Graeme and Mark had a meet with them on Wednesday. I unfortunately couldn't be there, I'm not sure what else I could have added and I also think it will help me direct if I know little about the crew. If I start becoming friendly with them it'll make it hard to tell them what to do. I'm a worrier anyway, and I don't want to be worrying about what they want and don't want to do on set. I want to go in and not give a shit and do a good job. The house had problems, the heating and hot water disappeared . Luckily it is now fixed. We had a party for Marks birthday last Saturday and the house is still a bit upside down. I've had problems, bunged up nose and head aches. Money is a massive issue for me now. I can go on record for saying Student Fiance are absolutely terrible. I'm starting to think I'll never get my loan, then I will get kicked off the course and have to get a full-time job at Morrisons to pay the rent.

Pluses, there ain't been many this week. Watched a few movies, and it's Halloween tomorrow. The plan is to watch horror films from when I wake up till I go to sleep, and have a few breaks in the middle. I have some friends coming round, so that should give the week a real lift.

Need a production meeting on Monday, set the targets for the week, and really get the project going again.

More blogs coming very soon.

No comments: