Tuesday 11 August 2009

INTERNET VIDEO UPDATE!

I recently posted a blog about starting to make some web videos. Documentaries on films, filmmakers and stuff like that.


I started with two reviews (Public Enemies and Transformers), after posting them I soon realised that if your wanting to gain a following you have to find a niche or smaller audience. The problem with making vids on mainstream cinema is that the TAG words will be on millions of videos already existing, so your fighting against far too many people for views. The only real way to get people to watch these vids is to promote them yourself, but thats not gaining a following, its just telling the people you expect to watch it.


So I had a little thought about what Videos I'd like to see and then create them. I'd like to do some documentaries on cinema. Anybody thats spent time with me will know I'm a little crazy about films, and have a good knowledge, and I'd like to say an individual taste, I don't always go with the crowd and don't mind saying a films shite or great despite what the critics say.


I'm mentioning this because I blogged about making a series of documentaries about 80s cinema, I did my research and wrote the introduction script. But after the recent death of one of my favourite 80s filmmaker John Hughes it just doesn't seem right. JH was going to feature heavily in one of the parts, I imagine if you search youtube or one of the other video sites they will have many JH tributes, and I don't think we need another right now. I'd like to respect him in my own time, without seeming like I'm using his death to gain a bigger following.


So today I've decided to put the 80s cinema on hold. Tonight I started research into 2000s cinema. I thought with the decade fast approaching the end it's a good time to do it.


The series will be split up into ten 5 minute parts, A Introduction, 5 videos each one on what I think was an essential film to the decade, One about filmmakers that have broke through. And then the rest will be about actors and stuff.


If there is anything you would like to see in this series I'm open to ideas.


CHEERS

No comments: