Thursday 9 October 2008

SOUND and VISUALS, Fear ident.

On my previous blog you can view my animatic with the near to finish sound and and idea behind my footage.

What inspired the sound was the word "innocence". There is something very displeasing about innocence sounds, a young girl singing, a whined up ballerina toy, the sound of a baby laughing or crying.


Also Japanese horror, films like the Ring and the Grudge have these very beautifully crafted sound tracks. Here is the trailer for the Grudge,

the trailer portrays exactly what i am talking about. It starts out quite dark, ambient and then this nice piano takes over, but it still feel wrong.


This is the Trailer for the ring

This shows the kind of idea behind my background score. I used reversed and slowed down music, then picked out bits of song (which are song recordings of my old band) which sounded right.

For the visuals i am going to create footage which in corporates both cult and contemporary horror/thrillers. I think this will appeal to to all horror fan audiences.

No comments: