Saturday 11 October 2008

Return of Jafar!

Aladdin was a great film, a landmark in animation.

I've recently bought the box set trilogy, and at the time of purchase i'd never seen the two follow up movies. I knew they weren't going to be as good as the first one, but i thought they must be decent films.

I watched Return of Jafar last night and what a piece of shit. The animation wasn't bad, but for disney standards...for Aladdin standards it was very poor. The songs were just hash pieces, re-worked songs from the first film, but with the awful parrot singing them!
I thought the film was going to pick up when the genie enters, and to my surprise HOMER SIMPSONS voice comes out. I knew Robin Williams didn't do it, but i didn't know Dan Cast-la-dilli (how ever you say it) re-placed him. When i was watching it i was thinking i'm sure thats Homer...

Anyway, i've checked the third one out on IMDB and Mr Williams is back so it might be alright, but if this is something to go by i wish i'd have just bought Aladdin.

No comments: