Monday 23 November 2009

Twilight, My thoughts on the Book and The Film.

Just a quick one, in case you can't get enough of my writing.


I finished the Twilight book the other night. Its taken some time to finish because I've been reading it on and off. I saw the movie first, I never even realised it was a book, till the film came out.


I didn't see the film at the cinema, to be honest I thought it looked terrible, I only watched it on rental because my girlfriend wanted to see it. To my surprise I actually enjoyed it, it was immensely cheesy, but well made. The acting was good, but a little wet, the sets and costumes were really good, even the cinematography was top. Thats my thoughts of the film in a nutshell. I could go into more detail, but it would probably just bored you. It was decent entertainment, it starts of slow, but it is a romantic drama. The vampires are the twist, and its a good concept. Imagine if you met the love of your life, but there is a chance they could eat you. It's definitely worth a watch if you have a spare two hours.


I was searching for a new book to read and whilst scanning through Play.com I saw there was an offer on the first three Twilight books. The book have a massive following and fans of the book would die for it, so I had to check it out. I'm not one to buy into hype, but I like to see was the fuss is about and make my own decision.


I bought the first book, read a few chapters and enjoyed it. I didn't take a chance on the other two books going up in price so I bought them too, after reading a few chapters I thought if I get really into this I'll be gutted to pay out £10 for the next book when I could have got it for £3. And, if I didn't enjoy it they'd make good presents.






My thoughts on the book, yeah, I liked it. It isn't the best thing I've read, but it's nowhere near the worse. It's a girly book, it started off well, when Bella didn't really know what Edward was and she was scared that he might kill her. Then in the middle it got really wet, when they're declaring their love for each other. This when I stopped reading it, I put it down for a couple of months. It was only recently on a sleepless night that I decided to push through the lovely dovey and see what the ending was like. Also the new film is out and I'm not sure whether to see it or not.


Reading the weekend reviews have all been bad, which has put me off reading the next book.


The good and the bad. The good, its very addictive. I usually read on a night to tire my eyes to help me sleep, but this just got me hooked. I can't explain the reason, because I wasn't really enjoying it that much. But, it was easy to read and a nice idea. The characters are well written and I began to feel for the main two, some of the other characters I couldn't give a fuck about. The Bad, it was very wet. Bella and Edward have this amazing true love for each other, but all they do is argue and disagree. This could be how Stephanie Myers describes how they say their lines, or maybe its my interpretation. I know there is a fine line between love and hate, but this is a little too close.


The conclusion, if you like reading give it ago I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The film is worth watching. I've read film reviews of New Moon and the verdict so far is its shit, not heard anything about the book.


After reaching the end of the Twilight book I wasn't in a desperate need to run to my book shelf for New Moon, which isn't a good sign. I'll definitely read it, whether I read it next I don't know. I have Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Trainspotting, I quarter left of the Watchmen graphic novel and as said New Moon. Oh, plus a load of filmmakers books.

No comments: