Friday 20 November 2009

The Eighties Club

I'm going to start my updates with The Eighties Club.


I'll add some links to the bottom of this post.


What is The Eighties Club? This is a web series I've been slowly setting up about 80s cinema. For some reason I've got a great fondness for this decade. I love all cinema, but the 80s were something else.


I watch a few people that do these web videos, to name a couple of my favourites Angry Video Game Nerd and Ashens. For awhile now I've been wanting to do my own, but could never find my style. I did some film reviews over the summer of the films I saw at the cinema. I did a voice over a trailer I downloaded from Itunes. This worked alright, but I'd like to be able to pick out certain parts to talk about. I've deleted these reviews now as I wasn't happy with them.


This is a project I'm wanting to start at the end of next year (2010), about this time next. I'm going to start it with a top five Christmas film special. I've made the decision to start it next year because over the next 12 months it gives me time to write the scripts, gather the footage, shoot, edited and export the videos. This should hopefully put me 12 months ahead, whilst I'm uploading the completed videos I can start creating new ones.


I've already set up a blog, twitter, youtube, blip and Dailymotion. It would be much appreciated if you could follow, join, subscribe or whatever it may be. There won't be much activity on with the video sites, but I'll be updating the blog and twitter.


Look forward to hearing your feedback.

No comments: