Sunday 29 June 2008

A Beautiful Mind

Last night I watched A Beautiful Mind. It's been on my shelf for awhile and it was one of those films that i looked at and thought...mmm, can't really be bothered tonight.

However, last night i decided to watch it...
AND, it was super. Well deserved all the Oscars it won. You can't really say much about the storyline without giving too much away.

I'm not a massive Russell Crowe and Ron Howard fan, but this was exceptional. It was so beautifully written, the acting were fantastic and the cast was really well assembled.

Recently i've been right into my CGI "blockbuster" films, which isn't really like me. I think its all the After Effects developing i've been doing, makes me appreciate it more. I'm a quirky drama film fan and this film brought me right back down to my routes. You don't need big effects to make a good movie, just a strong script. Which, is the backbone to a great film. A good set of actors and the right direction.

No comments: