Wednesday 6 February 2008

Oscar nominations for Visual effects

The nominations are THE GOLDEN COMPASS, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: at world's end and TRANSFORMERS.

I'm a big Oscar fan, unfortunately they usually get it wrong. I can't honestly believe that Spider-man 3 or 300 did not get nominated for this award. I thought both films were visually excellant.

I agree with Pirates and Transformers both blew me away at the cinema. However if i remember rightly The Golden Compass was quite poor, haven't seen it though so i can't criticize.

Other than that saw JUNO on Sunday, thought it was brilliant. Made me laugh out loud, not because it was stupidly funny, but because it was genuinely funny. It was highlighting general life and life is funny. Fans of Little Miss Sunshine will enjoy this movie.

1 comment:

Hammer Smashed Face said...

Dissapointed about 300. Thats was amazingly detailed. Not suprised about pirates of the carribean getting awards, everyone loves it. But its not the best visually, which kind of goes against the point of the award but still..