Tuesday 26 February 2008

3D Movie, Bradford trip (personal development blog 4)

WOW...
3D movie, granted it was only a 40min dinosaur documentary, but still blew me away.


Wanting to be a film maker myself i found this very inspiring. It wasn't just the dinosaurs being a few inches away from my face even the sceneries looked amazing. All films could benefit from this not only the big special FX films. I went to go see No country for old men the other week and the wide landscape shots would have been brilliant in 3D. I realise that your average cinema goer doesn't really pay that much attention to the cinematography and it is an added cost, but it would be a whole new experience. When...that's right WHEN i make it as a filmmaker i am going to make that effort to have all my movies in 3D and promote them in the right way.

NOW...There is room for improvement, for one the 3D glasses looked like deep sea diving goggles and wasn't very comfortable. Also every now and then the CGI graphics went blurry when they came too close to your face. Which made my eyes hurt.
beside that this is something to get excited about and in a year or two it will be superb.

No comments: