Thursday 28 May 2009

Major Project: Books.

Hopefully this will be a quick on, unlike the others recently.

I'm surprised how books I have read for this brief. Short Filming Making By Clifford Thurlow, This is a great introduction book to film making. It breaks each part of production down into easy reading chunks. It is a book I got out from the college library and one I shall be going back to on future productions. I may even purchase a copy.

Digital Film Making By Mike Figgis. This is a book that was recommended online. Its a small book at a cheap price. Again it is an introduction to film making. Figgis comes up with some interesting ways to shoot good looking films on a small budget. He also builds your confidence.

Rebel Without a Crew By Robert Rodriguez. Big Rodriguez fan, and I enjoy his film school features on his DVDs. Thought this would be similar, it is, but it is also his journal for the entire production of El Mariatchi. Very interesting to read, like a true fairy tale.

I have just started to read Shot by shot, by Steven D Katz, can't comment on that yet.

No comments: