Monday 8 October 2007

Development work on the "About Me" brief...some research too!

What have I done?
What I have been looking at?

Well...I have chosen my idea, (the illustration/portrait of ME and where my brain would be a cloudy bubble of all the things i love). After I set my mind on this idea i had a look at two pieces of art, Which lend me to to different websites.

First piece, the movie "A Scanner Darkly" the sci-fi film from the novel of PHILIP K DICK, who brought us Blade Runner. I had a look at this film because it has a very good illustrated look.

I had a look at some google searched images and a stumbled (well..more like searched for rather than stumbled) this website http://www.ascannerdarklyartists.com/ it has all the people that worked on the film and a little portfolio of work there work. It is quite interesting.


The Scanner Darkly art is very good, but i think its a bit too detailed for what i'm wanting. So i moved my attention to The Best of Blur album cover.




This is by Julian Opie, i checked out some more of his/hers (not sure) work on his/hers website http://www.julianopie.com/ the site is a bit hard to navigate, but again is quite interesting.

This time the Julian Opie work isn't detailed enough. So i think i'll try to do something in the middle...

This is what i have so far.



I'm pleased with it so far, obviously there is work to be done, but i think the first part is nearly completed.

No comments: