Wednesday 3 October 2007

ANOTHER project...haha...your not serious.

This is our third brief and we got two more today in critical studies...

This project we have to create a A4 poster about ourselves, it is only a two week brief so hopefully it'll be nice and fun. We (design class) will also get to see what we are all capable of...design wise that is.

Development ideas.


It all started where everybody else’s started, with…some brainstorming, deep thinking and a thought of “is that all I’m interested in?..”
After going through my five ideas in the crit I am still a bit unsure which one to choose. There is one idea that stands out from the rest, but not for all the best reasons. The main reason being it looks the easiest to do. I know this brief is suppose to challenge you, but with it being a short brief I’d rather stick to something I know I can do and make it look nice, rather than something I’ll struggle with.
The idea is this, an illustrated portrait of myself looking worried at my brain. Where the brain is located there will be a blurred edge window. In side the window will be all the junk (as my mum calls it) that fills my head, also known as interests.
The way in which I will create this, I will start by taking a picture of myself and then all the “junk” I need in my head. In Photoshop I will draw around these object to make them illustrated, cartoon like and slick. They will be coloured in a “cut out” effect, it won’t be shaded as such more blocked colours. As for the background…well that is my secret and you will have to wait and see.


I will stick my sketch book pages up soon...

No comments: