Wednesday 21 January 2009

Colour Correction.

Colour Correction.


I'm not sure if get colour correction yet. I've dappled with Color software a bit, but i've explored it more in Final Cut. I download the new Wolverine trailer from itunes to have a play around.


Here are a few screen shots (below). I was reading the Color manual and it was saying you should use colour correction to recreate what you could see on set. Sometimes bright lights can make your skin look alike it has a green tint, this is where you should colour correct it back to normal skin colour.


As you can see in my efforts i have made them much more stylised, bringing the darks and whites out, and desaturating the whole image. I personally think this looks better, but would a whole film look good like this?


The only thing i can do is keep experimenting, the Color software as a load more options than Final Cut. Final Cut only has a three way colour correction, once i get my head round Color i bet there are amazing things you can do.


Originals on the left, mine on the right.

Films like Sin City, No Country for Old Men, O'brother were out thou, City of God, even Australia (there the film of top of my head) have really nice colour grades. I find these really inspiring. Sometimes colours can say more than words. 


No comments: