Monday 14 April 2008

How I want my INTERACTIVE Fable to look.

I've looked at a few comics and online games and i have decided that i want to take a dark approach. The fable i choose is THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF, this short horror is a really dark tale and a hard lesson to learn.

The three pieces in the above picture are examples of the art direction. At the top is Corpse Bride, Tim Burton as his own style with thin legged, creepy characters. They also look close to dead. In the middle is Emily Strange, i don't know much about this girl, but she is a franchise. I've seen her on wallets, pens, books and everything upto clothes and dolls. I really like the illustration style and i will try to adopt this 2d illustration to the other 3d pieces. Bottom is Monster House a CGI animation again like Corpse Bride is as a creepy atmosphere.

On each of them you see similar scary thin trees, thats what i'm going to go for.

No comments: